So how many times have you made coffee and threw away the leftover coffee grounds? — What if I told you that you could use those coffee grounds for beauty hacks like smoother skin, hair treatments, face masks and more?? Read along…
Coffee grounds have course particles that make for an excellent exfoliating agent. Exfoliation will remove dead skin cells, and any dirt and grime build up you may have. Here’s how to make your own face scrub:
- Equal parts coffee and sugar.
- Drop olive oil in and mix to a thick consistency.
- Apply on your face gently massaging in circles. Rinse and enjoy your rejuvenated skin!
Cellulite, Stretch Marks & Wrinkle Treatment:
Coffee is full of antioxidants! The caffeine in coffee helps to increase the blood circulation that helps treat cellulite, stretch marks, wrinkles and dark circles. Here’s how to make this multi-use oil treatment:
- 4 tbsp ground coffee
- 8 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat in a pan for 30 minutes on low heat, then strain the oil.
- This oil treatment can be cooled or warmed before rubbing into skin. You can also use this on your hair!
Tighten & Brighten Skin Mask:
A coffee facial can help brighten and tighten skin and also prevent clogged pores, which makes the skin look more healthier and fresh. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Coffee Powder & Honey
- Mix to a butter-like consistency and spread the mask gently onto your face.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse!
Why buy lip scrub when you can make your own? By removing dead skin on your lips, this scrub will bring out fresh new layers making them smooth, soft and oh so kissable! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mix 1/2 tsp coffee grounds with 1/2 tsp honey.
- Gently rub mixture onto your lips in a circular motion for 30 seconds.
- Remove with a wet cloth!
The caffeine content in coffee clearly has several beauty benefits! This simple treatment will help to promote hair growth, add shine to your hair, and reduce hair fall! Here’s what you’ll need for this scalp moisturizer:
- Coffee grounds & conditioner.
- Gently massage conditioner and coffee grounds into scalp for 5-10 minutes. Rinse and repeat weekly!
So my favorite thing about these beauty tips is that you most likely have all of the ingredients at home! Who knew coffee could have so many amazing benefits? Share your results with us: